Mostrar el registro sencillo del ítem

dc.contributor.author Janches, Diego
dc.contributor.author Heinselman, Craig J.
dc.contributor.author Chau Chong Shing, Jorge Luis
dc.contributor.author Chandran, Amal
dc.contributor.author Woodman Pollitt, Ronald Francisco
dc.date.accessioned 2018-07-16T16:15:06Z
dc.date.available 2018-07-16T16:15:06Z
dc.date.issued 2006-07-26
dc.identifier.issn 2169-9402
dc.identifier.uri http://repositorio.igp.gob.pe/handle/IGP/1886
dc.description En: Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, v. 111, n. A7, ( July 2006), p. 1-49. es_ES
dc.description.abstract "We report initial results of an effort to model the diurnal and seasonal variability of the meteor rate detected by high power and large aperture (HPLA) radars. The model uses Monte Carlo simulation techniques and at present assumes that most of the detected particles originate from three radiant distributions with the most dominant concentrated around the Earth's apex. The other two sources are centered 80° in ecliptic longitude to each side of the apex and are commonly known as helion and antihelion. To reproduce the measurements, the apex source flux was set to provide 70% of the total number of particles while the other 30% is provided by the combined contribution of the two remaining sources. The results of the model are in excellent agreement with observed diurnal curves obtained at different seasons and locations using the 430 MHz Arecibo radar in Puerto Rico, the 50 MHz Jicamarca radar in Perú, and the 1.29 GHz Sondrestrom radar in Greenland. To obtain agreement with the observed diurnal and seasonal variability of the meteor rate, an empirical atmospheric filtering effect was introduced in the simulation which prevents meteors with low-elevation radiants (<21) from being detected by the radars at mesospheric altitudes. The filtering effect is probably produced by a combination of factors related to the interaction of the meteor with the air molecules such as electron production and/or the ablation at higher altitudes. On the basis of these results we calculate the micrometeor global, diurnal, and seasonal input in the upper atmosphere." es_ES
dc.format application/pdf es_ES
dc.language.iso eng es_ES
dc.publisher American Geophysical Union (AGU) es_ES
dc.rights info:eu-repo/semantics/restrictedAccess es_ES
dc.rights.uri info:eu-repo/semantics/restrictedAccess es_ES
dc.source Repositorio institucional - IGP es_ES
dc.subject Variaciones estacionales es_ES
dc.subject Meteoros es_ES
dc.subject Alta atmósfera es_ES
dc.subject Radar--Perú--Mediciones es_ES
dc.subject Radar--Observaciones es_ES
dc.subject Mesósfera es_ES
dc.subject Ionósfera--Investigación--Perú es_ES
dc.subject Meteorología por radar es_ES
dc.title Modeling the global micrometeor input function in the upper atmosphere observed by high power and large aperture radars es_ES
dc.type info:eu-repo/semantics/article es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Radar es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Atmósfera es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Observación es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Perú es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Puerto Rico es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Simulación es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Medición es_ES
dc.subject.ocde Meteorología es_ES
dc.identifier.journal Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics es_ES
dc.description.peer-review Por pares es_ES
dc.identifier.doi 10.1029/2006JA011628 es_ES

Thumbnail

 Disponible

Colecciones

Mostrar el registro sencillo del ítem